Our team developed new features for successful work of existing application. The application was designed as an automated costing system of provided services (packages of multimedia channels for different types of devices) and service rating and invoicing for payment. This application is primarily focused on the United Kingdom and Europe.
The whole application consists of three parts:
- Server part is a Java application with a data model, utilities, services for work with database and web services.
- Client Web part is JSP, CSS and JS.
- Administration module is a desktop Java application with UI implemented on Swing.
Java5 (EJB, DAO, Swing), Oracle, SQL, Quartz, JBoss, Ant, PVCS (Serena PVCS Version Manager), Rally, Timesheet, Eclipse, Oracle SQL Developer.
- All work was carried out on the remote machines.
- Rare system of project version control (PVCS).
- The two-week iteration.
- All communication was in English only.
- To preserve the condition and to transfer the state between UI and server part Memento pattern was widely used.
During the project the new functionalities were developed (data model was expanded, new controllers and functional forms were created, the opportunities of existing forms in the administration module were optimized and expanded), some complex bugs were fixed, JBoss tweaking (database password encryption, secure authentication, etc.) was made.
Company’s achievements during the project:
- All iterations were successful.
- Previously unused technologies have been mastered and applied during software development.
- The tasks requiring creativity and original thinking were successfully solved.
- The successful implementation and use of Swing components (GroupLayout), not included in the standard components set of Java 5.
- JBoss configuration was optimized. The optimization result was the increased security of the application.
"We have enjoyed the work with JazzTeam's company. The main focus was on the development of new functionalities for our complex billing system of accounting rendered multimedia services. JazzTeam provides a clear, constructive and qualified work of developers, adequate management, transparency and efficiency. In the conditions of remote work and distributed team, JazzTeam's engineers were able to interact with all parties on the project successfully. They have solved all encountered difficulties quickly and harmoniously and ensured the decent quality of developmental results.
Thank you for the prompt response to all questions, business approaches and high level competence of all JazzTeam employees."