Web application that provides API to scan files for viruses. This decision makes the internal systems integration with external customer services much more secure. ClamAV open source project has been chosen as an antivirus software. The project is a multi-platform, that allows to install our application on different systems.
To scan the file for viruses the user needs to send HTTP request and upload the file to the server, and then the result of scanning will be returned as a response.
The app has been optimized for high loading and stably works with a large number of simultaneous requests and the large size of scanned files.
The main aims of our team were to realize Mule application, to integrate it with ClamAV, to test and provide the customer with the fully finished product.
Java, Mule, Spring, ClamAV, Log4j, XSLT, Apache commons libraries.
- The project was completed on time.
- All customer requirements were implemented.
- Thorough project optimization was carried out taking into account the end customer internal systems features.
- The conducted load testing allowed to prove that the system is able to withstand high loads both during a large number of simultaneous requests and during scanning large files.
- The application is widely used by end-customer’s internal systems and makes it possible to integrate with external services much more securely.
Company’s achievements during the project
- Our team worked proactively, often offered useful ideas, such as:
- load testing
- antivirus optimization for commonly used file formats and sizes.
- The team worked openly with customers, found out in advance arising questions, and discussed nuances. This prevented force majeure.
Clients about cooperation with JazzTeam