It’s very important for beginning user of any product to have free access to a variety of training material, which is presented in a simple and understandable form.
For this reason, we started recording video tutorials about working with XML2Selenium. You can view them on this page:
At present the following video is accessible:
- Review of available documentation, manuals and other training tools XML2Selenium(in Russian).
Installation and the first start-up of framework XML2Selenium
Earlier for users XML2Selenium we have already created:
Full manual (in Russian).
- Installation and the first start-up of XML2Selenium product on the local computer(in Russian).
- Installation and the first start-up of XML2Selenium product on Linux server (in Russian).
- Reference card.
- XML2Selenium Interactive guide .
- Examples with the described in detail steps of creating tests for popular web services Youtube, Twitter.
- Note how to read XML2Selenium reports.
- Best Practices Project – examples of tests which help you to learn how to work with XML2Selenium. All the tests are separated on 3 levels: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced. Every level has tests of such types: Basic tasks (everyday routine tasks), Iterative tests (show how to create tests step by step), Product features (shows nice features of XML2Selenium), Popular services (cover Twitter, YouTube and other services), and also WordPress tests (on the example of most popular CMS system WordPress show how to work with concrete product).
- We prepared a special build on Jenkins, allowing you to experiment with XML2Selenium and Jenkins integration and check some of its features.
- XSD-schemeis necessary for auto-completion during test creating /li>.
- Examples of XML2Selenium reports :
- Master – for product development we have created more then 600 tests and constantly add new tests. This is done for constant increase of coverage of product functionality. That makes it more stable and reliable. You could study that tests, they contain lots of usefull examples.
- SmokeTest – Master always should be stable, but on practice we always meet fail, error. In order to check different combinations we are supporting special set of tests (near 250) which shows all possible situations – failed tests, validation error and many others. Such build and tests allows us to make manual testing of our product before release. And also it allows us to create automated tests which cover SmokeTest reports. Such automated tests are written on XML2Selenium. Thus we cover own report by own and the same instruments, what means we constantly use XML2Selenium in practice. Please study that tests to understand which error situations could happen.
- SelfTesting – as it was said we are creating tests (now 150) covering our SmokeTest reports. That SelfTesting reports shows result of such tests, and helps us to cover as much as we could of our product with automated tests. This improves automated regression of tests.